MAY 2021 - REPORT FROM THE BOARD
Report From The Board
Here we are in the Spring of 2021 and still in the grip of the Covid-19 pandemic. As we pointed out in our January report, the Board has decided to cancel all of our usual social events for this Spring. That includes our usual Sankt Hans Mid-summer Celebration that we normally hold in June. At this time, we are not even able to book the picnic site at Rathtrevor so we wouldn’t beable to hold that event even if we wanted to.
Annual General Meeting: As required by law, we held our AGM on March 7 via ZOOM on the internet. We had a reasonable showing of members and took care of all the necessary business. The Treasurer’s Report indicated that our finances are still in very good condition so we are ready (financially) to carry on with our club events once the Provincial Health Officer suggests that it is safe to socialize once again. Several of our Board members were up for re-election this year. Hakon Philipsen declined to remain of the Board and we thank Hakon for his service. The remaining members accepted the nominations to remain on the Board. John Strandt of Gabriola accepted the nomination to the Board and was elected so we now have a full slate of Board Members.
Board Meeting: Following the AGM, it is customary for our newly elected Board to meet and decide on who will fill the Officers positions. The meeting was held via ZOOM on the internet and the following is our Board for 2021:
President: Tom Hedekar
Vice-President: Carsten Krogh
Secretary: Lena Tsuji
Treasurer: Rebecca Taylor
Directors: John Jensen, Darlene O’Neill, Louise Krogh, John Strandt
Federation Conference & AGM: We have been asked (again) to host the Federation Conference and AGM in Nanaimo at the end of May, 2022. Our Board has agreed to send the Federation an invitation to this event, even though we may have to cancel it (again) if travel restrictions and the rules on social gatherings are not eased in time for us to put arrangements in place for this event. For now, please mark your 2022 calendar for May 27 – 30 and stay tuned!
Events for 2021: As stated above, the Board has decided to cancel all of our events for the first half of 2021. No decision has been reached yet on our Fall and Winter events but we are hopeful that we might be able to do something by Christmas time. The Board will meet sometime in the early Fall and make a decision based on the current pandemic situation so again, Stay tuned! Stay Safe! Stay Hopefull!
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the Board, Tom Hedekar, President
Leave a Reply.